As technology continues to evolve, a growing number of healthcare organizations like yours are deciding to go paperless. There are several important reasons why the healthcare industry is increasingly turning to digital record keeping.
Here are 6 Benefits of Switching from Paper Based Charts to an EMR Systems
- Less Paperwork and Fewer Storage Issues – Clinicians and staff can spend a large portion of the workday filling out and processing forms. Because they are paperless, SecureEMR streamlines several routine tasks. As the amount of paperwork decreases, the required storage space within the physical office also declines, freeing up space and saving the organization money.
- Increase Quality of Care – SecureEMR provides the ability to exchange health information about a patient in real time. Accurate, up-to-date and thorough information naturally leads to a higher quality of care, from better diagnoses to a more informed care plan for the patient. By sending appointment reminders for visits from SecureEMR, the system supports the physician in getting the patient to the office so gaps with quality measures can be documented. This workflow and patient engagement solution saves time for the office so they can focus on patient care. This support reduces the administrative burden of tracking down patients to get them in for an office visit.
- Access to clinical information – SecureEMR promotes interoperability. The system has the capability to exchange health information with other physicians on SecureEMR using CCDA files which can be shared using secure messaging and through the integrated clearinghouse. Inmediata leverages its clearinghouse solution to facilitate sharing of various forms of HL7 and encounter data with third party vendors including PMS, HIE, and payers.
- Efficiency and Productivity – SecureEMR will allow your organization to increase productivity and efficiency by eliminating paper records and facilitating centralized chart management. SecureEMR has the capability to report clinical and demographic data by running queries using pre-defined and custom conditions.
- Reduce Errors- Human error is one of the primary reasons for mistakes in nearly every industry and organization. Patients filling out paperwork in a healthcare setting are often sick or in a hurry. It is not only patients that can make mistakes when filling out forms. Misplaced or lost files are a huge problem for medical facilities. Keeping stacks of papers and files on a desk is a recipe for confusion and lost items. Inability to read handwriting by both health professionals and patients is another way errors can be made.
- The potential to impact our healthcare system- The electronic medical record (EMR) system has the potential to transform the health care system from a mostly paper-based industry to one that utilizes clinical information to assist providers in delivering higher quality of care to their patients. In addition, the ability to exchange health information electronically can help physicians to improve communication of care plan updates and testing results throughout their organization and with the larger market.
Our company has become the most trusted resource for physicians, dentists, hospitals, labs, medical schools and payers in Puerto Rico because we believe in what they do – and we are with them every step of the way!